Friday, March 16, 2007

Bob Knight: Idiot

He's as dumb as John Madden, but whereas Madden will say harmlessly moronic things like, "if he'd only beaten this guy, and this guy...and that guy, and those two guys, and that guy...and this guy...he'd have scored," Bob Knight is more like "I think you're so fucking dumb that you'll still like me even if I call you a fucking idiot, you fucking idiot."

Boston College will not be a part of the ACC until it beats Duke every year (Maryland just became part of the ACC, by that measure, five years ago), but by beating Texas Tech today they've won a special place in my heart.

Knight once told the fans at Indiana that when he died, he wanted to be buried upside-down "so (his) critics could kiss his ass," and I hope he gets his wish. I will make the pilgrimage, I guess to Texas, since that's the only place in America that an animal like Bob Knight can live outside of a cage, to kick his ass as it protrudes from the ground.