Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I'm with Lumpy

Lumpy the Prol--who has vanished off the face of the earth, apparently--has it right: if you call yourself a liberal (and even if you don't but you are even a little bit smarter than a rock) STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO MORONS.

That's it. That's the solution to the world's problems. OK, maybe just the solution to the strain of virulent idiocy that currently dominates "political discussions" and "debates." If you have ever seen the episode of the Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror, I believe) where advertisements come to life and terrorize Springfield, then you should recall Paul Anka's catchy ditty on how to get rid of obnoxious corporate shills: "Just Don't Look."

Lumpy was talking about avoiding simpering Lefties whose arguments all sound vaguely...well, gay. But I'm going to extend the critique to the equally useless, but far, far more dangerous lunatic mainstream (there's no "fringe" anymore in the Republican Party) on the Right. So, while I hear that mAnn Coulter has infected yet another college campus with her shitsucking hate speech, I refuse to pay her any mind. I cannot for the life of me figure out why any of the students went to hear her, either. I don't read the Wall Street Journal or the Washington Times, I don't watch Fox "News" or CNN, and I certainly don't read the Drudge Report or Free Republic. Why not? Don't I need to keep up with the Right so I know its weaknesses? Don't I care what they're up to? Huh? Don't I? What about Brit Hume? Brit Hume?!?

The answers, in order, are no, no, no again, I told you, no!, and fuck Brit Hume!

Anyone who goes on Hannity and Colmes knows what's about to happen, and so when they get shellacked by a liar and a cretin (Hannity and Colmes, reapectively--or just Hannity if you prefer) they shouldn't look so dismayed. They asked for it! Ditto for O'Reilly, Blitzer, King, etc. Stay away from the shitheads, people! Jesus, didn't you go to college?! Did you ride the short bus to get there?!?

As for the kid who got arrested for asking the snakeskin shitbag a question: hey, dummy! It's ANN COULTER! What the fuck were you doing there, anyway??? If you ignore her, she will cease to be!!!