Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Last Debate, First Post

First question of tonight's debate: "Tell the American people why your economic plan is better than (your opponent's)?"

McCain answers thusly: "There are several parts of my new economic plan, which you have just summarized, and so I am not going to repeat them." (WHAT?!?) And the Senator continued, "But I think the first thing we have to do is take $300 billion of the $700 billion and buy up all the bad mortgages caused by Fannie and Freddie Mae" (again, WHAT?!?) "so there's a floor under home values. And, I'm disappointed in Henry Paulson because he failed to act responsibly."

I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. But, what the fuck was that answer? I have learned several new things, and it's only been three minutes: 1. McCain does not know McCain's new economic plan. Yeah, he read it, off a teleprompter, the other day at a campaign event, but tonight he ain't got no teleprompter and the old bastard can't remember just what it was that he said yesterday. 2. McCain failed to contrast his plan with Obama's plan (maybe he also does not know what Obama said recently?), but instead attacked Henry Paulson. That'll score big points with the anti-Paulson voter. One. Voter. The ex-Mrs. Paulson, I would guess. 3. What the fuck is a "Freddie Mae"?!?

Not a good start for the coot.