Sunday, April 17, 2005

Hark the Sound of Tar Heel Voices

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices, ringing clear and true. Singing Carolina's praises, shouting N-C-U! Hail to the brightest star of all, clear its radiance shine. Carolina priceless gem, receive all praises thine.
I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred, and when I die I'm a Tar Heel dead. So it's Rah, Rah, Car'lina-lina Rah, Rah, Car'lina-linaRah, Rah, Car'lina-lina Rah! Rah! Rah! (and might I add, "go to hell, State!")

Aaah. My national champion alma mater. I still can't believe it. Being a Cubs fan, a Bulls fan, and a Hurricanes fan, I never thought I'd see a championship again. I suffered through Bill "Nappy Time" Guthridge, Matt "Psycho Killer" Doherty, and the end of the NCAA run Dean started thirty-some years ago. And, for once in my life, I live right in the middle of enemy territory, Illinois, so I can torment the shiteating-grinners and Big Ten fans up here for the next eleven months.

Thank YOU, Jesus.